As the Rail budget for 2014-2015 was announced today, Major Railway infra stocks reacted in red. Worth a note fact is that all these stocks were rolling from past few weeks and few of them tested their 52 weeks high and this volatile reaction post rail budget can be looked after as mere profit booking Titagarh wagons down by more than 5%,Texmaco Rail and Engineering down by more than 12.18%,Kalindee Rail Nirman down by more than 4.73%.
The budget announced sounded more realistic as major focus was on:
- Railway modernizing through PPP (Public Private Partnership) projects. ( This in future will help private entities like L&T and Alstom)
- New trains, 5 jansadharan,5 premium, 6 AC,27 express,8 passenger trains
- Encouraging corporate to adopt stations
- For additional revenue generation:-Automatic rebate for return tickets
- Dedicated freight corridors on eastern and western routes
Industries like Kalindee and Titagarh wagons appear strong as the budget announced is having plans for new trains , railway infrastructure development and completion of ongoing projects. this will directly benefit these stocks.