Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS) has been named a Leader in the Everest Group PEAK Matrix® for 5G Engineering Services.
The report highlights TCS' proprietary solutions, such as Al-powered network operations tools, accelerators to build networks, ORAN component compliance, and management tools, that help clients design and deploy networks faster and manage them more efficiently. Cited as a key strength is its dedicated investments in forming strategic partnerships and establishing labs and CoEs to bolster its capabilities in 5G standalone core development and testing, 5G mobile private network, 5G cloud network, and automation and testing. It goes on to say that customers recognize TCS for its strong technical competency and domain expertise.
"TCS' early investments in research and innovation towards building deep capabilities in 5G technologies have given us a strong positioning across the 5G ecosystem, starting from the chip makers and equipment vendors to communications service providers and end-users across different industries. We have been at the forefront of driving product co-innovation across the 5G value-chain and helping clients pursue their growth and transformation journey," said V Rajanna, Business Group Head, Technology, Software and Services, TCS.
TCS offers a comprehensive portfolio of 5G engineering services across product engineering, network engineering, and solution engineering, and spanning strategy and consulting, design, implementation, testing, and support services.
TCS believes that pervasive connectivity is the digital backbone of an intelligent and connected world. It is working closely with customers and industry groups in creating next generation connectivity technologies like 5G, software defined networks and satellite communications. With its deep contextual knowledge and engineering expertise, TCS helps customers accelerate their 5G technology evolution as well as create ecosystems that collectively develop innovative solutions to deliver greater futures. TCS leverages its expertise in open-source and OEM architectures to help communications service providers navigate today's complex multi-vendor technology landscape.
Additionally, TCS has created a Network Solutions and Services (NSS) unit focused on telecom and its enterprise 5G services with end-to-end solutions like 5G rollout services, wireless engineering, next-gen OSS services, telco cloud transformation, network testing and operations, enterprise 5G services - 5G use case development and testing, edge computing and supported platforms.
Its proprietary 5G engineering solutions include:
- Fiber Rollout as a Service: A unique digitized network plan and design solution to accelerate the design to build lifecycle of 5G back haul, mid-haul, and long-haul optical transport.
- Network Test and Automation: An automation framework for hybrid multi-vendor networks powering automation first across network operations, network testing and lab services for telco and enterprise customers, using agile practices and principles of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous testing.
- Cloud-Native Industrialization Platform: A multi-cloud platform to enable seamless 5G service rollouts and dynamic slice management for differentiated quality of service.
- Cognitive 5G Backhaul Controller: Intelligent and programmable controller to optimally provision and orchestrate the mobile backhaul for 5G network slicing.
- O-RAN Test Simulator: The test simulator helps in validating interfaces between O-RAN sub-systems by simulating radio unit and distributed unit/centralized unit, using an in-built traffic generator.
- 5G Core Test Platform: Comprehensive test platform to accelerate validation of the 5G Core by simulating network components through 3GPP defined information models and using pre-built functional and non-functional test cases.
TCS has invested in Centers of Excellence (CoEs) that focus on IoT-specific end-to-end solutions to cover edge / soft sensor enablement till cloud to embrace a 5G ecosystem. The edge CoE develops solutions for several industrial verticals including industrial automation, energy and utilities, healthcare, high-tech, and smart cities, etc.
Other CoEs focus on product engineering across 5G technologies such as RAN/ O-RAN, baseband, modems, edge, core, fronthaul, backhaul, antennas, RF frontend, network management, network automation, optimization, and analytics.
"TCS has built a comprehensive partner ecosystem and a suite of proprietary solutions such as network operation tools, network rollout accelerators, and ORAN management tools. It has also invested in labs and CoEs to boost its competencies across the 5G engineering value chain and different components of the network. These initiatives have helped TCS realize a high growth in this market," said Nishant Udupa, Practice Director, Everest Group. "TCS' clients have called out its domain expertise and technical competency in 5G engineering, and the ability to ramp up/down resources as per client needs as key strengths. Positive client feedback and focus on enhancing capabilities have helped TCS retain its position as a Leader in Everest Group's 5G Engineering Services PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2023."
Shares of Tata Consultancy Services Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs. 3629.20 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 3637.25. The total number of shares traded during the day was 57937 in over 5992 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 3650.00 and intraday low of 3601.90. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 209977655.00.