HCLTech, a leading global technology company, announced the release of its Sustainability Report FY23 in keeping with its commitment of 'Supercharging Progress' sustainably and responsibly.
During FY23, HCLTech delivered robust environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) performance driven by its guiding principles of Act. Pact. Impact. The report outlines the sustainable, long-lasting impact HCLTech made through its actions and pacts with all stakeholders. The company is also making progress against its stated ESG goals:
- HCLTech has committed to reduce scope 1 and 2 emissions by 50% by 2030 and become net zero by 2040. Since the baseline year of FY20, the company has reduced scope 1 and 2 emissions by 22%, well ahead of the 15% reduction target over the three-year period. It also reported a 20% reduction in scope 3 emission in FY23, well ahead of the 12.6% reduction target for the same three-year period.
- The company replenished 26 times more water than it consumed in India in FY23. It also became the first India-headquartered company to join the Water Resilience Coalition and endorse the CEO Water Mandate.
- 98% of our owned buildings are 'Platinum' rated by the Green Building Councils. Over 13 million sq ft of HCLTech's building space globally is certified as green buildings by leading authorities including US Green Building Council (USGBC) and Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
- HCLTech launched its Sustainability School in November 2022 to make its 223,000+ employees sustainability ambassadors by educating them on the impact of climate change and other sustainability aspects. The company's employees clocked more than 10,500 hours of training as of March 31, 2023.
- Through HCLFoundation, the company positively impacted over 5.5 million lives in India and helped over 12,000 people with disabilities.
- HCLTech been certified as a 'Global Top Employer' by the Top Employers Institute.
- Gender diversity at the company improved to 29.2% during FY23. HCLTech has been part of Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the third consecutive year.
- In recognition of its ESG performance, MSCI rated HCLTech as an ESG 'Leader' with an AA rating in the software and services industry.
- The S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2023 recognized HCLTech as an 'Industry Mover'.
- HCLTech was included in Sustainalytics' 2023 Top-Rated ESG Companies list in the software and services industry segment and in the Asia Pacific region. The company was placed in the 'low risk' category by Sustainalytics in an assessment of 15,000+ companies globally.
- For the past three years, HCLTech has maintained certification from the British Standards Institution on ISO 37001:2016, Anti-Bribery Management Systems.
"We are proud to share the progress we have made towards our ESG goals while acknowledging that the road ahead is still very long. We are focused on institutionalizing ESG throughout our business, which allows us to embrace its principles in our daily work activities across the organization," said Santhosh Jayaram, Global Head of sustainability, HCLTech.
Shares of HCL Technologies Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs. 1236.15 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 1235.90. The total number of shares traded during the day was 132167 in over 8482 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 1255.55 and intraday low of 1232.30. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 164041396.00.