Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd., a leading brand in the world of lighting solutions has announced that its Baddi Lighting Plant won at the esteemed SafeTech Award & Conference 2023. The company was recognized under the category of "Employee Participation in Safety Awareness" for demonstrating outstanding commitment in building a culture of safety with Employee Participation & Trainings to achieve Safety Performance. This recognition reaffirms Crompton's unwavering commitment to safety while delivering high-quality solutions to its customers.
The event recently took place at The Hotel Taj Mahal Towers & Palace, Gateway of India, Mumbai & was graced by Dr. Suresh (Bhau) Khade, the Honorable Labor Minister of the Government of Maharashtra as the Chief Guest and attended by over 650 distinguished delegates, comprising of Safety Professionals, OSH/EHS HODs, and Fire Safety Professionals, who gathered to celebrate the pinnacle of safety excellence.
The "Safe-Tech" award aims to recognize and reward innovation in Occupational Safety, Environment and Health Safety by organizations across all sectors of Industries. At the heart of Crompton's achievement is its Baddi Lighting Plant, where 100% of the workforce showcased unwavering commitment to Safety Awareness, thereby, ensuring the well-being of its plant and employees.
Commenting on the occasion, Pravin Saraf, Vice President- Manufacturing and Quality Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd said, "I am immensely proud of our Baddi Lighting Plant's remarkable achievement at the Safe-Tech Award & Conference 2023. At Crompton, safety is a core value that is embedded across all our operations. Winning the award is a significant milestone for us, reflecting our unwavering commitment to creating a workplace where safety is paramount, as seen through our Baddi Lighting Plant's 100% dedication to Safety Awareness. This is a testament to our relentless efforts in fostering a culture of security and responsibility. Moreover, we believe that a safe environment nurtures innovation and excellence. Hence, we will continue to prioritize safety, innovate, and empower our employees to ensure their well-being while delivering high-quality lighting solutions to our customers."
The Baddi lighting plant is Crompton's hub of technological innovation where the focus on safety extends beyond compliance, with a range of key safety initiatives in place like:
- Empowering through Training: Conducting 1133 Man-hours of EHS (Environment, Health, and Safety) Training to empower employees with the knowledge and skills required for a safer workplace
- Cultivating Safety Awareness: Recognizing and rewarding employee participation in safety campaigns, fostering a culture of safety awareness and responsibility
- Enhancing Workplace Comfort: Implementing ergonomically designed workstations to enhance employee comfort and reduce the risk of workplace injuries
- Safety while working at Heights: Installing a Rooftop DSALA Lifeline, a state-of-the-art safety measure, to ensure the safety of employees working at heights
- Proactive Safety Culture: Achieving an impressive rate of one safety suggestion per employee per month during the fiscal year 2022-23, underlining the proactive safety culture at Crompton
- Life-Saving Training: Providing employees with comprehensive First Aid and Fire Fighting Training from external agencies to equip them with essential life-saving skills
- Minimizing Accident Risks: Incorporating safety features like double hand operation and safety curtains for pressing machines to minimize the risk of accidents
- Effective Fire Response: Enhancing fire safety with the use of multi Turbojet Nozzles, allowing for effective single-man fire-fighting capabilities
- Best-in-Class Reporting Practices: Receiving the Best Plant award for the fiscal year 2022-23, highlighting the exceptional employee participation in reporting near misses, unsafe acts, and unsafe conditions
Shares of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs. 300.75 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 305.25. The total number of shares traded during the day was 28335 in over 998 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 307.70 and intraday low of 300.20. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 8593030.00.