TVS Motor Company company marks a historic moment by synergising its commitment towards sustainable mobility solutions with TVS Racing, to announce the launch of India's firstever electric two-wheeler racing championship, today. This pioneering initiative is a significant step forward in motorsports and reaffirms TVS Motor Company's commitment to sustainable mobility solutions as it becomes the first Indian manufacturer to foray into the world of EV moto racing.
With a growing uptick in the adoption of EVs globally, TVS Motor Company has taken a bold leap with the foray of TVS Racing Electric One Make Championship (e-OMC), an exclusive format for racing on the electric TVS Apache RTE race motorcycles, that have been developed solely for the championship. TVS Motor Company has been at the realm of transforming mobility through innovation and sustainable solutions for a cleaner future, and has also pioneered motorsports in India with TVS Racing, that boasts of a rich racing heritage of over fourdecades.
Mr. Sudarshan Venu, Managing Director, TVS Motor Company said, "TVS Motor has been championing racing ever since we started India's first factory racing team. TVS Racing has been instrumental in making motorsports aspirational yet accessible for enthusiasts across the country. Many of the technologies that we pioneered in our racing machines have made way to our production vehicles, giving shape to our 'track to road' philosophy. In line with our vision of providing exciting and sustainable mobility solutions, we are thrilled to announce the debut of India's first ever EV two wheeler racing. TVS Racing e-OMC will not only set new benchmarks in the racing segment but also demonstrate the potential of electric vehicles in delivering high-octane and thrilling racing experiences for the world to witness."
Vimal Sumbly, Head Business - Premium, TVS Motor Company said, "TVS Racing takes great pride in being the propagators of offering a platform for racers to hone and showcase their skills and following their passion for racing. We have been the frontrunners in the segment, whether it was pioneering the TVS OMC in India in 1994, and expanding it in women's and rookie class, or being the first Indian manufacturer to foray with the Asia One Make Championship or participate in the Dakar Rally. With the TVS Racing e-OMC, we take a monumental step into redefining the future of racing."
Key highlights of the championship:
- TVS Racing e-OMC will debut at the 4th round of Indian National Motorcycle Road Racing Championship (INMRC)
- The first round of the championship will witness 8 participating riders who are hand picked
- Participants will ride atop TVS Apache RTE race motorcycles which are specially developed for this championship
The TVS Apache RTE race motorcycles will set a benchmark for electric racing in India. The key technologies behind this machine include:
- Highest power-to-weight in its class with a liquid cooled motor & high efficiency liquid cooled motor controller
- High power cells battery pack with advanced chemistry
- Carbon fibre battery case that also acts as stressed member of the chassis
- Custom built advanced Battery Management System with race special algorithms for several advanced configuration controls and high levels of safety
- Single reduction, motor spindle is connected to rear wheel through sprockets and roller chain
- Ohlins bespoke front and rear suspension
- Brembo brake system - 320mm front disc, calipers, and master cylinder
- Carbon fibre front & rear wheels
- Pirelli Super Corsa tyres
- Carbon fibre fairing with best-in-class lowest coefficient of drag
- Unique livery combining body paint of TVS Racing Factory colours and sustainability inspired graphics
Shares of TVS Motor Company Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs. 1512.25 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 1526.20. The total number of shares traded during the day was 14924 in over 1853 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 1532.00 and intraday low of 1508.00. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 22684426.00.