Inline operating performance for the quarter; new initiatives yet to pick up
Just Dial (JUST) reported inline financial performance for the quarter. Both, sequential revenue growth and EBITDA margin were broadly along expectation. It reported sequential revenue growth of 7.8% QoQ, led by increase in active paid campaigns (up 3.6% QoQ) and increase in average realization by 3.8% QoQ. The growth in the number of paid campaigns sustained recent momentum led by rising focus on monthly plans. There was sequential improvement in EBITDA margin(up 397 bps QoQ) led by control on other expenses. The Internet traffic to the portal has recovered to precovid level led by improvement in financial situation of SMEs.
It has been slow recovery for Just Dial from the adverse impacts of two covid19 waves and current operating metrics are similar to precovid level. Also, the revenue recovery has happened at the cost of operating margin as the company has been focused on driving growth in core business through increased employee addition. The B2C segment continues to face high competition from Google and other specialized online players and it still needs to invest substantially for successful rollout of its other new initiatives like JD Mart, JD shopping etc. We estimate revenue CAGR of 30.0% over FY22‐24E with average EBIT margin of 12.5%. We maintain our REDUCE rating on the stock with revised target price of Rs 615/share based on DCF methodology. The stock trades at PER of 33.7x/15.8x on FY23E/FY24E EPS.
- Reported revenue of Rs. 2,214 million. (Up 39.3% YoY, 7.8% QoQ). The growth was led by increase in active paid campaigns (up 3.6% QoQ) and 3.8% QoQ increase in average realization.
- EBITDA margin increased by 397 bps QoQ to 12.3% led by control on employee cost (up 3.0% QoQ).
- Total unique visitors for the quarter were 156.8 Mn against previous quarter of 156.6 Mn (up 0.2% QoQ).
- App downloaded per day reduced to 7,827 vs 7,862 in Q2FY23.
- Total employee base grew 2.2% QoQ to reach headcount of 15,393 employees.
- Cash and Investment increased from Rs. 38,189 (Q2FY23) Mn to Rs. 39,344 Mn (up 3.0% Q-o-Q).
- PAT increased to Rs. 753 Mn (up 44.3% QoQ) from Rs. 522 Mn in Q2FY23 due to higher Other Income in the quarter.
Link to the report
Shares of Just Dial Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs. 636.50 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 643.65. The total number of shares traded during the day was 62994 in over 3813 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 664.00 and intraday low of 629.55. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 40709643.00.