Bikaji Foods (BFL) is the third largest ethnic snacks company in India along with a presence in international markets. BFL is the second fastest growing company in the Indian organised snacks market. It is the largest manufacturer of Bikaneri bhujia with annual production of 29,380 tonnes and second largest manufacturer of handmade papad with annual production capacity of 9,000 tonnes in FY22. BFL is also third largest player in the organised sweets market with annual capacity of 24,000 tonnes for packaged rasgulla, 23,040 tonnes for Soan Papdi and 12,000 tonnes for Gulab Jamun.
- The company has developed a large pan-India distribution network of six depots, 38 super stockists, 416 direct and 1,956 indirect distributors located across 23 states and four union territories in India
- In its core markets of Rajasthan, Assam and Bihar, BFL has established deep penetration and enjoy market share of 45%, 58% and 29%, respectively, in the organised ethnic snacks market
- The company has seven own manufacturing facilities with four facilities in Bikaner (Rajasthan), one in Guwahati (Assam), one in Tumakuru, Karnataka and one in Muzaffarpur (Bihar).
Key triggers / Highlights
- BFL has a growing domestic and global presence with a well-diversified product basket of more than 300+ products. Namkeen is the highest selling category followed by bhujia, sweets, papad and others contributing to 35.6%, 34.9%, 12.7%, 6.7% and 10.0%, respectively, to total sales in FY22
- The company is the market leader in family pack segment and holds highest share of 60.6% among its other SKUs of five and 10 packs during FY22. This reflects its brand resilience, driven by taste and the brand preference
- BFL is expanding across geographies and trying to emerge as a dominant pan-India player. Apart from its core market of Rajasthan, the company has a very strong presence in states like Bihar and Assam. It aspires to set up state of the art product manufacturing facilities across various strategic locations in the country to ensure easy product availability
- The company has developed a large pan-India distribution network. As of June 30, 2022, it had six depots, 38 super stockists, 416 direct and 1,956 indirect distributors that work with super stockists, across 23 states and four union territories in India
For details, click on the link below:
Link to the report