APL Apollo Tubes Ltd (APL Apollo), India's leading branded structural steel tube manufacturer, announced a minority equity investment by APL Apollo Mart Limited (Apollo Mart), a wholly owned subsidiary of APL Apollo in Shankara Building Products Ltd (Shankara) through a combination of purchase of secondary promoter shares today and proposed preferential allotment of convertible warrants. The investment is in-line with APL Apollo's growth vision.
APL Apollo and Shankara have a business association of over 15 years, with Shankara being one of the key distributors of APL Apollo's products. APL Apollo's association will ensure consistency in sales through Shankara's retail and wholesale network and will create synergies for APL Apollo Tubes.
- Purchase of 1,000,000 Equity shares at Rs 755 per share from a person belonging to promoter category
- Proposed subscription of 1,400,000 warrants at Rs 750 per warrant (price to be approved by the Board of Directors of Shankara in accordance with the applicable SEBI Regulations) fully convertible into equity shares by way of preferential allotment, subject to receipt of requisite approvals by Shankara.
- Total holding of Apollo Mart in Shankara after issue of the warrants will be 9.90% on fully diluted basis
- Total investment size of upto Rs 1,805mn
- Immediate investment of Rs 1,018mn (Secondary market purchase +25% warrant subscription money)
- Remaining investment of Rs 787mn within 18 months (75% on warrant conversion)
Commenting on the investment with Shankara Building Products Ltd, Mr. Sanjay Gupta, Chairman, APL Apollo, said "I am pleased to announce that APL Apollo has entered into an agreement with Shankara to invest Rs 1,050mn through preferential convertible warrants. I am hopeful that this investment will further strengthen our long standing association with Shankara and help both the companies in chalking out enhanced revenue trajectory over coming years."
Shares of APL Apollo Tubes Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs. 963.40 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 909.65. The total number of shares traded during the day was 21311 in over 4447 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 967.00 and intraday low of 911.00. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 20179587.00.