Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services Limited has launched a scheme where if an investor buys Gold ETF from them at any time between November 25, 2011 and Januay 10, 2012 will enter a lucky draw to win a vacation to Malaysia for two.*
About Gold ETF
Buying Gold ETF is purchasing gold in electronic form. You can buy them just like you buy the stock of any company from your broker. Gold ETF makes it easier for you to invest in gold. The investment objective of Gold ETF is to provide you with returns that closely correspond with the domestic price of real gold. Each Gold ETF unit that you buy is roughly equal to the price of 1 gm of gold.
They are easy to purchase since you can buy even just one gram at a time. Over time, you can build up your gold portfolio to the level you want.
Gold ETF Benefits
Gold ETF is a smarter way to invest in gold.
NO PREMIUMS OR MAKING CHARGES
Gold ETF is in many ways, a superior value for money investment vis-à-vis gold jewellery, as the cost of the latter includes making and depreciation charges which often amount to as high as 17% of the total charge, whilst brokerage charges for ETF comes to only 0.5%. Additionally, you end up paying a premium for gold coins & bars purchased from banks and jewelers charge extra as making charges. With GOLD ETF, you don't have to pay any premium, making or delivery charges. Yet whenever needed, you can exchange them in multiples of 1kg units for 0.995 purity.
NO WORRIES OF THEFT
You always worry about the safety of your gold and also end up paying for bank lockers. Buying Gold ETF is purchasing gold in electronic form. With Gold ETF, since your gold is now in demat form, there are no worries of theft and you also save on locker charges.
EASY TO SELL
Unlike gold coins and bars, which the banks don't buy back and most jewelers only offer to exchange but not buy back, Gold ETFs can be sold anytime through your broker at transparent prices. Plus, unlike other forms of gold, you get the same price for your Gold ETF across India. On Gold ETF, you pay no sales tax, securities transaction tax, VAT or wealth tax.
Gold ETF Features
- Cheapest form of pure physical gold with no premium or making charges
- No issues of wastage or impurities like in the case of physical gold
- Tax efficient way to hold gold, No Securities Transaction Tax or wealth Tax
- Can be easily purchased or sold anytime at transparent real time price
- Can track your investment value in real time
- Easy to buy in small lots, 1 unit at a time. (1unit=1gm of gold price in spot)
- No worries of theft and also save on locker charges
- Benefit on long-term capital gains
* Terms and Conditions Apply.