Ambuja Cement reported 149 bps QoQ expansion in margins leading to better profitability despite cost pressure.
- Clocked revenue of Rs. 3,371 crore, down 6.9% QoQ led by sales volumes de-growth of 11.3% to 6.4 MT. On a YoY basis, revenues were up 53.2%
- EBITDA/t was up 10.8% QoQ to Rs. 1,495/t (vs. last quarter EBITDA/t of Rs. 1,349/t). EBITDA margin was at 28.5%, up 149 bps QoQ, 112 bps YoY
- Reported PAT was at Rs. 723.1 crore, up 59.5% YoY, 8.8% QoQ vs. (our estimate: Rs. 542 crore)
Key triggers for future price performance
- New clinker capacity at Marwar Mundwa, Rajasthan (1.8 MT Cement, 3 MT clinker) to generate incremental sales of ~5 MT per annum from Q3CY21
- With ambition to reach 50 MT capacity, the company has further embarked upon new brownfield expansion of 1.5 MT cement grinding unit in Punjab.
- Strong b/s and efficient cement player in the industry
For details, click on the link below: Link to the report
Shares of AMBUJA CEMENTS LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs. 408.8 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 408. The total number of shares traded during the day was 265244 in over 4507 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 413.9 and intraday low of 401.55. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 108432414.