InterGlobe Aviation Ltd. ("IndiGo") today reported its first quarter fiscal year 2022 results.
- Capacity for the quarter up by 433.2% compared to the same period last year
- Revenue from Operations of INR 30,069 million for the quarter, an increase of 292.2% compared to same period last year
- Negative EBITDAR of INR 13,602 million with EBITDAR margin of negative 45.2% for the quarter, compared to negative EBITDAR of INR 14,212 million with EBITDAR margin of negative 185.4% for the same period last year
- Loss before tax of INR 31,742 million, compared to loss before tax of INR 28,426 million for the same period last year
- Basic earnings per share was negative INR 82.47 for the quarter
- Strong balance sheet with a total cash of INR 170,679 million including free cash of INR 56,207 million. Given the current cash position, the Company continues to evaluate the timing and the size of any QIP.
The Company's CEO, Mr. Ronojoy Dutta said, "Our financial results for the first quarter were severely impacted by the second covid wave. The number of passengers traveling declined sharply in the months of May and June. With the second covid wave receding, we are seeing a measured recovery in bookings for July and August. Notwithstanding the Industry's present challenges, we remain firmly optimistic about IndiGo's future. Our entire focus during this pandemic has been to manage our cash balances, run a highquality airline and to continue to build our capabilities and be prepared for the post covid environment."
Network and Fleet
- As of 30th June 2021, fleet of 277 aircraft including 85 A320 CEOs, 122 A320 NEOs, 41 A321 NEOs and 29 ATRs; a net decrease of 8 aircraft during the quarter.
- Operated a peak of 1,262 daily flights and a minimum of 318 flights during the quarter including non-scheduled flights.
- During the quarter, provided scheduled services to 66 domestic destinations and various international locations through passenger charters and air bubble flights.
Shares of InterGlobe Aviation Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs. 1706.8 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 1739.55. The total number of shares traded during the day was 22659 in over 2200 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 1751.5 and intraday low of 1691.7. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 39057625.