HDFC Bank's performance was below expectations considering the tough environment.
- Loans were up 14.4% YoY at Rs. 11.4 lakh crore with deposits up 13.2% YoY
- NII up 8.6% YoY, NIM down 10 bps QoQ at 4.1%, C/I down QoQ to 35%
- GNPA accretion higher at 15 bps QoQ to 1.47%, r/s book at 80 bps
- GNPA doubled in HDB at 7.75%; further trend remains in focus
Key triggers for future price performance
- Strategy to expand segments, geography & digital focus to aid future growth
- Stressed accretion elevated; higher specific provision and contingency buffer of 70 bps provides comfort
- Encouraging demand resolution & superior franchise to aid earnings revival
For details, click on the link below: Link to the report
Shares of HDFC Bank Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs. 1443 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 1470.95. The total number of shares traded during the day was 196323 in over 12541 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 1454 and intraday low of 1436.25. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 283365956.