JSW Steel achieved crude steel production of 4.19 million tons in 4Q FY'21, registering a growth of 2% QoQ and 6% YoY. The company's average capacity utilisation improved from 91% of 3Q'21 to 93% for 4Q FY'21. However, the capacity utilisation during the month of March 2021 was 96%.
- Crude Steel production has increased 2% QoQ from 4.08 MnT in Q3FY21 and 6% YoY growth from 3.97 MnT in Q4FY20 to 4.19 MnT in Q4FY21.
- Rolled Products : Flat production is flat from 2.98 MnT in Q3FY21 and increased 4% YoY from 2.87 MnT in Q4FY20 to 2.99 MnT in Q4FY21.
- Rolled Products : Long production has increased 13% QoQ from 0.93 MnT in Q3FY21 and 11% YoY growth from 0.95 MnT in Q4FY20 to 1.05 MnT in Q4FY21.
The break-up of production for FY2020-21 is as below:
- Crude Steel production has reduced 6% YoY from 16.06 MnT in FY2019-20 to 15.08 MnT in FY2020-21.
- Rolled Products : Flat production has dropped 4% YoY from 11.35 MnT in FY2019-20 to 10.87 MnT in FY2020-21.
- Rolled Products : Long production has reduced 14% YoY from 3.72 MnT in FY2019-20 to 3.21 MnT in FY2020-21.
Even though the average capacity utilisation improved from 66% in Q1 2020-21 to 93% in Q4 2020-21, the crude steel production for FY 2020-21 was lower by 6% mainly due to disruption in production caused by the outbreak of COVID-19 in Q1 2020-21.
Shares of JSW STEEL LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.562.3 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 537.15. The total number of shares traded during the day was 632052 in over 10101 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 566.85 and intraday low of 533.6. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 348599783.