Marksans Pharma Ltd (NSE: MARKSANS; BSE Code: 524404), one of the fastest growing pharmaceutical companies in India today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended March 31st, 2020.
Consolidated FY20 (Y-o-Y)
- Overall business grew by 15.8% in constant currency basis in FY20 as compared to FY19
- Total Revenue was Rs. 1,134.5 Cr. as compared to Rs. 1,004.7Cr. in FY19, an increase of 12.9%
- EBITDA was Rs. 192.6 Cr. as compared to Rs. 136.8 Cr. in FY19, a growth of 40.8%
- EBITDA Margin stood at 17.0% for FY20 as against 13.6% in FY19
- PAT stood at Rs. 120.8 Cr. as compared to Rs. 80.4 Cr. in FY19, an increase of 50.1%
Consolidated Q4 FY20 (Y-o-Y)
- Overall business grew by 33.9% in constant currency basis in Q4 FY20 as compared to Q4 FY19
- Total Revenue was Rs. 335.4 Cr as compared to Rs. 257.1 Cr in Q4 FY19, an increase of 30.4%
- EBITDA was Rs. 69.2 Cr. as compared to Rs. 25.4 Cr. in Q4 FY19, an increase of 172.8%
- EBITDA Margin stood at 20.6% for Q4 FY20 as against 9.9% in Q4 FY19
- PAT stood at Rs. 42.7 Cr. as compared to Rs. 9.9 Cr. in Q4 FY19, a growth of 333.8%
Commenting on the performance Mark Saldanha, Managing Director of the Company said "I am extremely delighted to share with you the strong performance in this fiscal despite the lockdown due to the COVID pandemic at the end of March. Revenue for the year expanded by ~13% and EBITDA by ~41%. We also received EIR from the US FDA for Time Cap Laboratories located at Farmingdale, New York, USA. This positions us favorably to expand our reach in US market.
On the financial front we became a zero-debt company with cash of Rs 94 crore at the end of this fiscal. The outlook for FY21 looks positive and we expect the growth momentum to continue."
Shares of MARKSANS PHARMA LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.24.05 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 22.75. The total number of shares traded during the day was 428859 in over 1240 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 24.6 and intraday low of 23. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 10310385.