Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd. [BSE: 542904; NSE: UJJIVANSFB], today announced its financial performance for the quarter and year ended March 31, 2020.
Summary of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Business Performance - Q4 FY 2019-20
- Gross Advances at Rs. 14,153 crore; growth of 28% over Mar'19
- Non-MicroBanking* portfolio now contributes 23% to the portfolio against 15% as of Mar'19
- Disbursement for Q4FY20 at Rs. 3,254 crore vs Rs. 3,728 at Q4FY19
- Secured portfolio constitutes 22% to the portfolio compared to 14% as of Mar'19
- GNPA at 1.0% and NNPA at 0.2% in Q4FY20 against 0.9% and 0.3% respectively as of Mar'19; write-off of Rs. 19.2 crore in Q4FY20; Provision on account of COVID-19 is Rs. 70 crore
- Deposit base at Rs. 10,780 crore as of Mar'20 covering 76% of total advances against 67% as of Mar'19
- Retail deposits at 44% to total deposits vs. 37% in Mar'19; CASA ratio at 14% vs. 11% in Mar'19
- Net Profit of Rs. 73 crore in Q4FY20 against Rs. 64 crore in Q4FY19
- Net Interest Income of Rs. 466 crore in Q4FY20, an increase of 46% over Q4FY19
- Net Interest Margin at 11.2% in Q4FY20, against 10.8% in Q4FY19
- Cost to Income ratio at 65% in Q4FY20 vs. 78% in Q4FY19
- ROA/ ROE for Q4FY20 at 1.6%/ 9.3% in Q4FY20 vs. 2.0%/ 14.2% in Q4FY19
- Healthy Capital adequacy ratio at 28.8%, with Tier-1 capital at 28% in Q4FY20
- Liquidity coverage ratio at 261% in Q4FY20, against 187% in Mar'19
Summary of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Business Performance - FY 2019-20
- Disbursement for FY20 at Rs. 13,221 crore up 19% Y-o-Y
- Net Profit of Rs. 350 crore in FY20 up 76% Y-o-Y
- Net Interest Income of Rs. 1,634 crore in FY20, against Rs. 1,106 crore in FY19
- Net Interest Margin at 10.8% in FY20, against 10.9% in FY19
- Cost to Income ratio decreased to 67% in FY20 from 77% in FY19
- ROA/ ROE for FY20 at 2.2%/ 13.9% vs. 1.7%/ 11.5% for FY19
Mr. Nitin Chugh, MD & CEO, Ujjivan Small Finance Bank said, "Gross advances grew 28% YoY to Rs 14,153 cr, deposit franchise continued to grow stronger with granular and stable retail focused base. Net profit for FY20 stood at Rs. 350 cr, up 76% YoY. Q4 was impacted in multiple ways by the current global situation owing to COVID-19. We took a holistic approach towards our responsibility to all stakeholders including employees, customers, investors, regulators, society and others. While on one hand, we had to take several safety precautions to protect our employees, customers and other stakeholders, on the other hand the situation gave us an opportunity to fast-track many of our strategic initiatives. Business remains on strong fundamentals with high capital adequacy and liquidity, strong credit quality and improved processes/ efficiencies. We expect the mass market to show resilience and recover strongly. Economic package announced by Government would also boost recovery and open various opportunities. We remain focussed on building a technology led Mass Market Retail Bank with focus on differentiated digital and service experience and financial inclusion covering under-served and unserved."
Shares of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs.26.55 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 26.15. The total number of shares traded during the day was 31018 and the deliverable quantity was 23512 shares.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 26.95 and intraday low of 26.25.