Nestle India - Full Year, 2019
- Total Sales of INR 12,295 Crore
- Domestic Sales Growth at 10.9%.
- Profit from Operations at 21.0% of Sales
- Net Profit of INR 1,969 Crore
- Enables contribution to exchequer of INR 3,580 Crore
- Net Cash generated from Operating Activities at INR 2,234 Crore
- Earnings Per Share of INR 204.28
- Final Dividend recommended INR 61.00 per equity share
- Total Dividend including final dividend INR 342.00 per equity share (includes special interim dividend of INR 180.00 per equity share out of the accumulated profits of previous years)
The Board of Directors of Nestle India met today at Nestle House and approved the results for the full year 2019. Commenting on the results, Mr. Suresh Narayanan, Chairman and Managing Director, Nestle India said, "I am pleased to share that we have delivered broad based volume and mix led growth. This is a trend we have demonstrated consistently in recent years. MAGGI Noodles, KITKAT, Nestle MUNCH, CEREGROW, MAGGI Masala-ae-Magic, NESCAFE RTD and NANGROW delivered strong performances during the year.
We continued to bring consumer relevant innovations and new launches like KITKAT DESSERT DELIGHT Rich Chocolate Fudge, MAGGI Fusian Range and MILO Cocoa-Malt Beverage Mix which have witnessed encouraging response. The trend of higher commodity prices witnessed in recent quarters is likely to continue in the near future.
As we enter the new decade, my team and I stay fully committed towards plastic waste management. Our determination and initiatives to make a difference has already shown significant results and many of our key brands like MAGGI Noodles, NESCAFE and KITKAT have become plastic neutral in the year 2019. This reinforces our belief in sustaining our business progress while addressing environmental challenges."
Highlights for the quarter and year ended 31 December 2019:
1. Total Sales and Domestic Sales for the year increased by 9.6% and 10.9% respectively. Domestic Sales growth is broad based largely driven by volume & mix. Export Sales decreased by 9.9% due to lower exports of coffee to Turkey.
2. Total Sales for the quarter increased by 8.8%. Domestic Sales increased by 10.0% through a combination of volume & mix. Export Sales dropped by 9. 7% due to lower exports of coffee to Turkey.
3. Tax Expense (including revaluation of deferred tax assets & liabilities) from 1 April 2019 to 31 December 2019 has been computed at the rates introduced by the Taxation Laws (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019 dated 20 September 2019. Accordingly, 'Net Profit after Tax' and 'Earnings per share' for both the quarter and year have been positively influenced by the lower tax rates.
Shares of NESTLE INDIA LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.16385 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 16289.75. The total number of shares traded during the day was 5551 in over 1892 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 16455 and intraday low of 16290. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 91070556.