Mr Jitendra Upadhyay, Fundamental Analyst- Oil surrendered some hefty gains as many doubted Iran would strike back in a way that would disrupt supplies, and its own crude exports.
- The BSE Sensex closed at 40,869.47 up by 192.84 points or 0.47% and NIFTY50 closed at 12,052.95 up by 59.90 points or 0.50%. Source: (As per BSE & NSE website)
- The BSE mid-cap index up by 0.65%, while small-cap index up by 0.99%. Source: (As per BSE website)
- The Union government is set to cut the annual budgetary expenditure for FY20 by Rs 2.2 lakh crore or 8% of the budget estimate (BE) as tax revenues remain significantly lower than the required rate.
- The top gaining sectoral indices are NIFTY Realty up by 1.93% and NIFTY Media up by 1.04%, NIFTY Fin Service 0.79%, NIFTY Metal up by 0.73% and NIFTY Pharma up by 0.62%. Source: (As per NSE website)
- Hindustan Construction Company (HCC) share price gained by 3.75% after its joint venture company received the Delhi metro order.