Mumbai-based asset finance company, Magma Fincorp Limited today announced that it remains very well capitalized with capital adequacy ratio of over 26%. The company has a granular retail presence within its four businesses i.e., Vehicle Finance (ABF), Affordable Home loans, Affordable loans against property, SME finance and General Insurance. This update is in response to queries from a few stake holders.
Update on Liquidity Position:
- Magma raised new liabilities amounting to over Rs 2150 Crores entirely from long-term sources during the Oct-Dec 2019 quarter; Of this, funds raise in form of Term Loans and Debentures constituted approx. Rs 1300 Crores.
- Magma has a surplus in matching of Assets and Liabilities in each time bucket across 0-1 year.
- The Company has adequate liquidity cushion of over Rs 2300 Crores at consolidated level as on 31.12.2019, against its debt repayments due amounting to just about Rs 425 Crores till March 2020.
- With excellent liquidity and a strong pipeline of new long-term funding, we continue to witness softening in cost of incremental borrowings. Magma expects the overall cost of borrowings to start softening from Q1FY21 and onwards.
- Considering the comfortable liquidity position, Magma facilitated a request by an investor for early redemption of Debentures of face value of Rs. 200 Crores through repurchase in December 2019.
*The Numbers are unaudited and based on Management Estimates.
Shares of MAGMA FINCORP LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.57.9 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 55.15. The total number of shares traded during the day was 86558 in over 699 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 57.9 and intraday low of 55.7. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 4965944.