Mr Jitendra Upadhyay, Fundamental Analyst
- Today most of the Asian equity benchmarks are trading higher amid optimism that phase one trade deal between US and China will be signed in early January.
- The BSE Sensex closed at 41,163.76 down by 297.50 points or 0.72% and NIFTY50 closed at 12,126.55 down by 88.00 points or 0.72%. Source: (As per BSE & NSE website)
- The BSE mid-cap index down by 0.13%, while small-cap index up by 0.38%. Source: (As per BSE website)
- According to multilateral agency IMF, India should "recommit" to cutting on debt by bringing down its public sector borrowing requirements and enhance focus on having greater fiscal transparency to help investors make informed economic decisions.
- The top gaining sectoral indices are NIFTY Metal up by 0.58% and NIFTY Media up by 0.03%. The top losing sectoral indices are NIFTY PSU Bank down by 1.46%, NIFTY Bank down by 0.88%, NIFTY PVT Bank down by 0.85% and NIFTY Fin Service down by 0.55%. Source: (As per NSE website)
- Delhi High Court (HC) has allowed Eveready Industry to go ahead with the sale of its property at Hyderabad due to which share price increased by 5.84%.