- Global markets stalled near their highs today on account of low volumes ahead of the Christmas holiday break.
- The domestic markets gave an almost flat closing today with NIFTY 50 closing at 12,266.15 and SENSEX closing at 41,642.66 (source NSE and BSE). The flattish performance might be due to lack of fresh cues in the domestic markets and the global markets being in a holiday mood ahead of Christmas.
- Nifty PSU Bank Index closed 1.3% lower in trade today which might be due to profit booking after seeing a 2.3% rally on Friday.
- KEC International closed higher by 1.6% in trade today as it announced new order wins worth around Rs 1,520cr.
- Future Retail promoters release pledge on 4.63 cr shares as per media reports, the stock closed higher by 2.5% in trade today.
- Crisil closed 9% higher in trade today on the back of the news that it is acquiring Greenwich Associates LLC and its subsidiaries a Stamford Connecticut-based company that provides proprietary benchmarking data, analytics and qualitative actionable insights that helps financial services firms measure and improve business performance.