- Government wants RBI (Reserve Bank of India) to buy out stressed assets of the country's top 25 shadow lenders and also consider a one time wavier to bank from classifying some real estate loans as bad loan.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has said the problems in the automobile sector are essentially derived because of the Supreme Court's (SC) order to upgrade to Bharat Stage (BS) VI emission standards.
- Reliance Industries, the first Indian company to hit Rs 10 lakh crore market cap, making it the most valued Indian firm in terms of market capitalization.
- Talking about the economic situation of India, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has said that the growth may have slowed down but the economy will never slip into recession.
- The BSE Sensex closed at 41,130.17, up by 109.56 points or 0.27% and NIFTY50 closed at 12,154.30, up by 53.60 points or 0.44%.
- The BSE mid cap index up by 0.97%, while small cap index up by 0.45%.
- The top gaining sectoral indices are NIFTY PSU Bank up by 3.44%, NIFTY Metal up by 1.98%, NIFTY Realty up by 1.09%, NIFTY PVT Bank up by 0.85% and NIFTY Bank up by 0.81%. The top losing sectoral indices are NIFTY Auto down by 0.25%, NIFTY Media down by 0.06%.
- The top gainers on the Sensex were Indusind Bank Ltd up by 2.68%, ICICI Bank Ltd up by 2.68%, YES Bank Ltd up by 2.64%, Tata Steel Ltd up by 2.53% and SBI Bank up by 1.56%. On the flip side, Hero Motocorp Ltd down by 2.13%, HDFC Ltd down by 1.13%, HDFC Bank Ltd down by 1.01%, Bajaj Auto Ltd down by 0.84% and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd down by 0.70%.