City Union Bank Limited announced its performance results for the 2nd Quarter of Financial Year 2019-20 today at Chennai. Earlier, during the day, the Board of Directors of City Union Bank approved the working results.
Highlights of Performance in Q2: FY 2019-20
- Net Interest Income moved up by 3% to Rs. 411.55 Crore from Rs. 398.02 Crore
- Net profit increased by 15% to Rs. 193.54 Crore from Rs. 167.99 Crore
- Advances grew by 12% to Rs. 33279 Crore from Rs. 29785 Crore
- Deposits increased by 17% to Rs. 40451 Crore from Rs. 34534 Crore
- Total Business grew by 15% to Rs. 73730 Crore from Rs. 64319 Crore
- CASA deposits grew by 22% as on September 2019, which is 25% of total deposits
The Bank's capital adequacy as on 30th September, 2019 as per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines on Basel III norms was 15.49%, well above regulatory requirements.
Gross & Net NPA level stood at 3.41% & 1.90% respectively as on 30th September, 2019. The Provision Coverage Ratio as on 30th September, 2019 stood at 65%.
Other Performance Highlights and Ratios (Q2 FY 2020)
- Annualized Return on Assets of 1.62% and Return on Equity 15.18%
- Net Interest Margin at 3.91%
- Basic EPS (not annualized) - Rs. 2.63
- Diluted EPS (not annualized) - Rs. 2.60
Functional Performance of the Bank
- Operates 650 branches.
- 1724 ATMs including 734 Cash Recyclers.
Shares of CITY UNION BANK LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.211.8 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 205.7. The total number of shares traded during the day was 27644 in over 837 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 212.4 and intraday low of 208.5. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 5828874.