Bharti Infratel Limited ("Bharti Infratel" or "the Company") today announced its audited Consolidated Proforma results for the second quarter ended Sep 30, 2019 (see note). The Consolidated revenue for the quarter was Rs. 3,638 Crore down by 1% Y-o-Y. Consolidated EBITDA was at Rs. 1,885 Crore up by 25% Y-o-Y, representing an operating margin of 51.8%. The Operating Free Cash Flow was at Rs. 1,080 Crore up by 8% Y-o-Y. The net profit for the quarter was Rs. 964 Crore up by 61% Y-o-Y. The Return on Equity pre-tax and post-tax was 32.6% and 28.1% as against 26.7% and 15.8% respectively on Y-o-Y basis. The Return on Capital Employed Pre Tax was 25.7% against 34.1% respectively on Y-o-Y basis.
Highlights for the second quarter ended Sep 30, 2019 including impact of IND AS - 116
- Total Tower base of 93,421 with closing sharing factor of 1.86
- Consolidated Revenues at Rs. 3,638 Crore, down 1% Y-o-Y
- Consolidated EBITDA at Rs. 1,885 Crore, up 25% Y-o-Y
- Operating Free Cash Flows at Rs. 1,080 Crore, up 8% Y-o-Y
- Consolidated Profit after tax at Rs. 964 Crore, up 61% Y-o-Y
Effective April 1, 2019, the Company adopted Ind AS116 "Leases". The results for the quarter and half year ended September 30, 2019 includes the impact of Ind AS116 and the same are not comparable with the past period results.
Highlights for the second quarter ended Sep 30, 2019 excluding impact of IND AS - 116
- Consolidated Revenues at Rs. 3,561 Crore, down 3% Y-o-Y
- Consolidated EBITDA at Rs. 1,486 Crore, down 1% Y-o-Y
- Operating Free Cash Flows at Rs. 989 Crore, down 1% Y-o-Y
- Consolidated Profit after tax at Rs. 966 Crore, up 61% Y-o-Y
Akhil Gupta, Chairman, Bharti Infratel Limited, said: "Bharti Infratel has continued on the positive trend in quarterly net additions on both towers and colocations during the quarter ended September 30, 2019. We continue to believe that there is a strong growth potential in telecom passive infrastructure in the country as telecom networks keep pace with the continuing exponential data consumption growth. Both Bharti Infratel and Indus towers are well poised with their industry-leading scale and strong financial position to partner with mobile operators as they look to intensify their networks"
Shares of BHARTI INFRATEL LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.261.65 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 257.2. The total number of shares traded during the day was 37127 in over 658 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 262.9 and intraday low of 254.45. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 9630091.