Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organisation, has launched the official mobile app for TCS Lidingöloppet, which will be held in Stockholm on September 27-29. The award-winning app, available on the iOS App store and Google Play Store, comes with an enriched experience and new features that allow both runners and spectators to get even more out of the world's la rgest cross-country race.
TCS' app provides event information, local points of interest and other features to navigate the day of the race. One of the most popular features of the app is the built-in tracking system, connecting runners with their supporters from start to finish. It also allows spectators to track an unlimited number of runners with updated splits every 5 kilometres, a runner dashboard page that includes live tracking stats, cheer cards and the option to view and order race-day photos.
Key features of the TCS Lidingöloppet mobile app include
- Bib Collection: Generates a QR code that will help runners collect their bib at the expo faster.
- Search and Track Runners: Helps search for runners using their name or runner number, while the Track Runner feature will display live stats and progress details such as covered distance and expected finish times for the runners selected. Fans can also refer to last year's results alongside.
- Course Map: Displays checkpoints, waterpoints, refreshment areas and transition areas, both in normal and satellite view. The course map will also display runner progress, with live updates every five kilometres so that fans can get to the best viewing points throughout the race and cheer their runners on. The app will also give information about other races conducted along their route map.
- Cheer Cords: Enables spectators to create and send their favourite runners customised digital cards. They can use the Inspire Booth to click and customise photos and tag a runner, so they can see them.
- Single source for race information: Allows users to watch the live TV broadcast, get access to the latest news about the race and follow what's happening on social media.
Avinash Limaye, Country Manager, TCS Sweden, said, "TCS is committed to bringing digital innovation in everything it does. As the title sponsor and official technology partner for TCS Lidingöloppet, we're delighted to strive for ever better performance and new features that will enhance the experience of this iconic race."
Ninna Engberg, Secretary General, TCS Lidingiöloppet, added, "We are excited about being able to share our new and improved Official Race App, which will give our participants and spectators the best race experience. Our partnership with TCS helps making TCS Lidingöloppet a truly prestigious world-class running event and we work closely together to enhance the experience delivered to both spectators and participants."
This is TCS'fourth year as the title sponsor and official technology partner for the event. The race is considered a legendary Swedish sports event and is widely regarded as the world's largest crosscountry run. First established in 1955, Lidingöloppet provides participants with a gruelling 30-kilometre course through open terrain near Stockholm. Traditionally held in September, the race attracts up to 40,000 runners from more than 35 countries, and 50,000 spectators.
Shares of TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.2102.15 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 2138.25. The total number of shares traded during the day was 74797 in over 7047 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 2138.9 and intraday low of 2091.55. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 157397109.