Arman Financial Services Ltd (Arman), a Gujarat based non-banking financial company (NBFC), with interests in microfinance, two wheelers and micro-enterprise (MSME) loans, announced its financial results for the first quarter ended 30th June 2019.
Consolidated Financial Highlights - Q1 FY2019-20 (April - June 2019) v/s. Q1 FY2018-19 (April - June 2018)
- Asset under management as on 30 June 2019 stood at Rs. 722.5 crore (+57% YoY)
- Total Disbursements as on 30 June 2019 stood at Rs. 191.8 crore (+24% YoY)
- Gross Total Income increased by 69% to Rs. 48.2crore from Rs. 28.5crore
- Net Total Income increased by 75% to Rs. 29.9crore from Rs. 17.1crore
- Cost-to-Income Ratio improved to 35.5% for Q1 FY20 as against 43.5%
- Profit after tax increased by 138% to Rs. 12.1 crore from Rs. 5.1 crore
- Consolidated Debt-Equity Ratio (on a fully diluted basis) as of 30 June 2019 stood at 4.58
Commenting on the Company's performance for Q1 FY2019-20, Mr. Jayendra Patel, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Arman Financial Services said, "Despite the ongoing liquidity tightening and other macroeconomic headwinds, Arman delivered a strong all-round performance in the first quarter, driven by robust growth in our loan book combined with improvement in NIM,cost-to-income ratio and asset quality. This was the first quarter of Indian Accounting Standard (IndAS) implementation, which resulted in several notional changes in the Financials compared to the previous iGAAP Standards.Growth in our loan assets was characterised by a healthy jump across all 3 of our lending segments. Further, we enhanced our geographic presenceby launching 41 new branches during the quarter as a part of our FY20 expansion strategy.
Positive ALM, superior asset quality and a strong performance track record have helped us keep our finance costs in check and maintain adequate liquidity, despite thetough liquidity conditions faced by the NBFC sector in general. Disciplined lending backed by a rigorous credit appraisal and collection model have enabled us to keep our credit costs under control.Our consolidated Debt-Equity Ratio stood at 4.58:1, which provides us sufficient capital to drive growth in the current year. Moving forward, our endeavour is to continue our growth momentum, while exercising prudence in lending and maintaining adequate liquidity. We will closely monitor rural macroeconomic indicators and make all necessary adjustments to protect asset quality."
Operational Highlights - Q1 FY2019-20 (April - June 2019) v/s. Q1 FY2018-19 (April - June 2018)
- The total operational branches as on 30 June 2019 are 209, of which 178 are in Microfinance segment, 26in MSME and the rest are in 2-Wheeler.
- Robust asset quality - Consolidated Gross NPA of 1.1% and Net NPA of 0.6%
Shares of ARMAN FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.415 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 361.55. The total number of shares traded during the day was 203 in over 22 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 415 and intraday low of 407. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 83485.