Financial highlights of Blue Star Ltd for the quarter ended June 30, 2019 on a consolidated basis:
- Revenue from operations for Q1FY20 was Rs 1575.45 cr, as compared to Rs 1507.83 cr in Q1FY19, a growth of 4.5%.
- EBIDTA (excluding other income and finance income) for Q1FY20 was Rs 114.85 cr as compared to Rs 136.66 cr in Q1FY19.
- PBT before exceptional items was Rs 107.96 cr in Q1FY20 as compared to Rs 111.83 cr in Q1FY19.
- Other Income (including finance income) for Q1FY20 was Rs 21.66 crores compared to Rs 3.34 crores in Q1FY19. Other income in Q1FY20 was higher on account of receipt of an industrial promotion subsidy for the manufacturing facility at Wada.
- Finance Cost for the quarter decreased to Rs 8.23 crores from Rs 12.10 crores in Q1FY19 due to effective management of working capital and consequently lower borrowings in Q1FY20.
- There was an exceptional income of Rs 15.18 cr in Q1FY19 on sale of a property. There was no such exceptional income in Q1FY20.
- Tax expense for Q1FY20 was Rs 32.52 cr as compared to Rs 32.50 cr in Q1FY19.
- Net profit for Q1FY20 was Rs 76.84 cr compared to Rs 91.58 cr in Q1FY19.
- Carry-forward order book as at June 30, 2019 was Rs 2841.10 cr as compared to Rs 2121.60 cr as at June 30, 2018, an increase of 33.9%.
- Effective Working Capital Management enabled a significant reduction in our Capital employed to Rs 949.20 cr as on June 30, 2019 from Rs 1301.29 cr as on June 30, 2018.
- Consequently, there was a net positive cash balance of Rs 0.74 cr as on June 30, 2019 compared to a net borrowing of Rs 403.48 cr as on June 30, 2018 (debt-equity ratio of 0.5 as on June 30, 2018).
Shares of BLUE STAR LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.709.15 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 713.4. The total number of shares traded during the day was 1719 in over 276 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 713.45 and intraday low of 691.15. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 1207887.