Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Reuters: SUN.BO, Bloomberg: SUNP IN, NSE: SUNPHARMA, BSE: 524715) reported financials for the first quarter ending June 30th, 2019.
Highlights of Q1FY20 consolidated financials
- Sales / Income from operations at Rs. 8,259 crores, a growth of 16% over same quarter last year.
- India sales at Rs. 2,314 crores, growth of 8% over Q1 last year.
- US finished dosage sales at US$ 424 million, up by 12% over Q1 last year.
- Emerging Markets sales at US$ 194 million, flat over Q1 last year.
- Rest of World sales at US$ 167 million, growth of 56% over Q1 last year.
- R&D investments at Rs. 422 crores (5.1% of sales) compared to Rs. 500 crores (7% of sales) for Q1FY19.
- EBITDA at Rs. 1,881 crores, resulting EBITDA margin of 22.8%.
- Net profit for quarter at Rs. 1,387 crores with resulting net profit margin at 16.8%.
These results were taken on record by the Board of Directors at a meeting held in Mumbai today.
Dilip Shanghvi, Managing Director of the Company said, "We have recorded growth across most of the markets for the quarter and our performance is in-line with our full-year guidance. We are consistently focusing on improving our efficiencies and cost structure to ensure reasonable returns for our generics business. At the same time, we continue our unwavering efforts on building the specialty business and are encouraged by the potential of one of our pre-clinical research molecules which is likely to enter clinical trials next year. The recent out-licensing of Tildrakizumab and Cequa for Greater China market and the regulatory filing of Tildrakizumab in Japan reflects our global aspirations for the specialty business. Ilumya/Ilumetri is gradually gaining traction in the US and Western Europe."
Shares of SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.437.55 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 421.9. The total number of shares traded during the day was 904195 in over 11701 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 444.8 and intraday low of 420.8. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 392718360.