InterGlobe Aviation Ltd. ("IndiGo") today reported its first quarter fiscal year 2020 results.
- Revenue from Operations of INR 94,201 million for the quarter, an increase or 44.7% against a 30.3% increase in capacity compared to same period last year.
- EBITDAR of INR 27,785 million with EBITDAR margin of 29.5% for the quarter, compared to EBITDAR of INR 11,301 million with EBITDAR margin of 17.4% for the same period last year
- Profit Before Tax of INR 15,094 million and Profit After Tax of INR 12,031 million for the quarter
- Basic earnings per share was INR 31.29 for the quarter
- Strong balance sheet with a total cash of INR 173,371 million including free cash of INR 76,968 million
The Company's CEO, Mr. Ronojoy Dutta said, "I am pleased to report our highest ever quarterly profit after tax of INR 12 billion. Strong passenger revenues along with a sharp improvement in cargo performance were key drivers to this improved profitability. We are particularly pleased with this quarter because it demonstrated our ability to grow rapidly while simultaneously expanding our margin performance. I am also proud that our Company has been awarded Best Low Cost Airline in Central Asia and India by Skytrax for the tenth time in a row. I wish to thank all our employees for the high levels of performance that we are witnessing across the company."
Mr. Dutta further added, "We believe that a clear eyed awareness of our mission will ensure that the goals of the company are in complete synchronization with the goals of our country."
Shares of InterGlobe Aviation Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs.1463.35 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 1458.65. The total number of shares traded during the day was 162958 in over 6423 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 1487.25 and intraday low of 1452.5. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 239416773.