Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited (MCX), India's No.1 commodity exchange, announced its unaudited financial results for Qi ended June 30, 2019.
Q1 FY 2019-20 results
- Total income increased by 30% to Rs. 110.84 crore from Rs. 85.43 crore for the corresponding quarter ended June 30, 2018.
- EBITDA increased by 58% to Rs. 59.09 crore from Rs. 37.47 crore for the corresponding quarter ended June 30, 2018.
- Net Profit, increased by 496% to Rs. 43.70 crore from Rs. 7.33 crore for the corresponding quarter ended June 30, 2018.
- EBITDA margin stood at 53% and PAT margin at 39%.
- EBITDA increased by 4% to Rs. 59.09 crore from Rs. 56.84 crore as compared to quarter ended March 31, 2019.
- Total income stood at Rs. 110.84 crore, increase of 0.39% as compared to quarter ended March 31, 2019.
- The average daily turnover (ADT) on the exchange has increased by 12.8% to Rs 27,473 crore in Q1 FY2019-20 from Rs 24,360 crore in the corresponding quarter of Qi FY2018-19.
- In the month of July, the turnover in MCX Gold (all variants) made a daily high of Rs 18, 191 crore and open interest also recorded a high of 30.8 tonnes.
- Cotton witnessed a record high turnover of Rs 792.67 crore on May 14, 2019 and the open interest averaged 5.08 lakh bales during the Q1 FY2019-20.
- MCX has successfully converted all its base metal futures contracts into compulsory delivery contracts. Until now, 3,288 tonnes of Aluminium, 1,370 tonnes of Zinc and 85.5 tonnes of Nickel have been delivered through the exchange mechanism. The copper July 2019 contract has been the last base metal contract to be converted into a compulsory delivery contract.
Shares of MULTI COMMODITY EXCHANGE OF INDIA LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.813.65 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 818.35. The total number of shares traded during the day was 51477 in over 1927 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 849.45 and intraday low of 809.55. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 42577547.