HDFC Asset Management Company Limited (HDFC AMC) today reported its financial performance for the quarter ended June 30, 2019.
- Total AUM of Rs. 3,567 billion as of June 30, 2019 compared to Rs. 3,011 billion as on June 30, 2018, a growth of 18%. 14.7% market share in total AUM of the mutual fund industry.
- AUM in actively managed equity oriented funds i.e. equity oriented total AUM excluding arbitrage funds and index funds grew to Rs. 1,689 billion as on June 30, 2019 with a market share of 16.2%. The AMC is the largest actively managed equity-oriented mutual fund manager in the country.
- The ratio of equity oriented assets and non-equity oriented assets is 48:52 compared to the industry ratio of 43:57.
- 3.43 million Systematic transactions with a value of Rs. 12.7 billion processed during the month of June 2019.
- Over 75,000 empanelled distribution partners across IFAs, National Distributors and Banks, serviced through a total of 211 branches of which 135 are in B-30 locations. The contribution of B-30 locations to our total monthly average AUM is 13.8%.
- An increase of 10% in the number of live individual accounts from 8.36 million as of June 30, 2018 to 9.20 million, as of June 30, 2019.
- As of June 30, 2019, 59.2% of the company's total monthly average AUM is contributed by individual investors compared to 54.3% for the industry.
- Market share of 15.7% of the individual monthly average AUM in the industry, making the company the most preferred choice of individual investors.
- Unique customers as identified by PAN or PEKRN now stands at 5.4 million as on 30th June 2019 compared to 19.6 million for the industry, a market share of 28%.
FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE QUARTER ENDED JUNE 30, 2019
- Operating Profit from core Asset Management business for the quarter ended June 30, 2019 was Rs. 3,815 million as compared to Rs. 2,647 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2018. This is an increase of 44%.
- Profit before tax for the quarter ended June 30, 2019 was Rs. 4,299 million as compared to Rs. 2,946 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 which resulted in an increase of 46%.
- Profit after tax for the quarter ended June 30, 2019 was up by 42% to Rs. 2,917 million as compared to Rs. 2,052 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2018.
Shares of HDFC Asset Management Company Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs.1934.65 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 1947.15. The total number of shares traded during the day was 16589 in over 817 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 1963.8 and intraday low of 1925.05. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 32257752.