GTPL Hathway Limited (GTPL), India's leading Digital Cable TV and Broadband Service provider, today announced the financial results for the First quarter of Financial year 2019 - 20, as approved by its Board of Directors.
- Consolidated Q1 FY20 revenue at Rs. 4,543 million; up 50% y-o-y
- Q1 FY20 subscription revenue at Rs. 2,472 million; up 47% y-o-y
- Q1 FY20 EBITDA Rs. 1,156 million; up 38% y-o-y
- Q1 FY20 PAT at Rs. 294 million; up 121% y-o-y
- Seeded 200,000 STBs and added 300,000 digital paying subscribers during Q1 FY20
- Added 240,000 new home pass; added 15,000 net broadband subscribers and 10,000 FTTX subscribers (67% of net addition) during Q1 FY20
- Consumption per customer at 120 GB/month as on June 2019; up from 38 GB/month in March 2017; Data consumption increased 3x over two years' period
Commenting on performance, Anirudhasinhji Jadeja, Managing Director, GTPL Hathway said, "Q1FY20 was the first full quarter with New Tariff Order (NTO), which has led to significant growth in subscription revenue. Subscription revenue grew by 47% on a y-o-y basis. Overall, our first quarter performance was in line with our expectation and we see our next three quarters equally exciting. With NTO being stabilised, our focus on taking FTTH to more and more homes, re-launching industry's first dual service product 'GTPL GIGAHD' to convert current customers along with adding new customers and concurrently launching hybrid set top box will help us to converge linear TV viewing with OTT usage. We will further increase the pace of growth momentum towards CATV and Broadband business in FY 2019 - 20.
Shares of GTPL Hathway Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs.54 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 55.8. The total number of shares traded during the day was 16928 in over 413 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 65.95 and intraday low of 53.15. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 983164.