Alicon Castalloy Ltd (Alicon), one of the largest integrated manufacturers of aluminium castings in India, announced its financial results for the quarter and year ended March 31, 2019.
Financial Performance Highlights
Performance Review for Q4 FY19 vs. Q4 FY18
- Total Income increases by 7% to Rs. 317.41 crore compared to Rs. 297.79 crore
- EBITDA higher by 13% Y-o-Y to Rs. 41.10 crore compared to Rs. 36.51 crore
- PBT higher by 9% Y-o-Y to Rs. 21.18 crore as compared to Rs. 19.40 crore
- Profit after Tax at Rs. 15.89 crore compared to Rs. 12.82 crore, higher by 24%
Performance Review for FY19 vs. FY18
- Total Income increases by 17% to Rs. 1,192.05 crore compared to Rs. 1,022.96 crore
- EBITDA higher by 27% Y-o-Y to Rs. 149.61 crore compared to Rs. 117.64 crore
- PBT higher by 37% Y-o-Y to Rs. 76.19 crore as compared to Rs. 55.57 crore
- Profit after Tax at Rs. 52.95 crore compared to Rs. 38.68 crore, higher by 37%
Commenting on the performance, Mr. Rajeev Sikand, Group CEO - Alicon Castalloy, said "I am pleased to share that we have ended Fiscal 2019 on a solid note, with revenues rising 17% accompanied by growth in PAT of 37%. This robust performance has been achieved despite challenging demand conditions and a cyclical downtrend in the domestic auto industry. Our efforts to diversify the base of customers and industries served have yielded results as export revenues grew 25% in FY19, while non-auto revenues registered healthy growth with improved client metrics.
We have also made progress on strategic plans and initiatives. In the Auto segment, we have enhanced the proportion of innovation based products in the product mix enabling us to report improved margins. In the non-auto segment, our offerings to sectors like Defense, Aeronautical, Healthcare and Power are gaining traction. We evaluate and expand our product suite on an ongoing basis to align offerings with changing technologies and emerging trends.
We are confident of sustaining our growth trajectory by leveraging our comprehensive product portfolio, diverse customer base, depth of innovation & R&D as well as global operations. Our Board has recommended an increased final dividend of Rs. 5.0 per share to demonstrate our commitment to create significant value for all stakeholders."
Shares of Alicon Castalloy Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs.601.05 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 571.05. The total number of shares traded during the day was 577 in over 111 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 601.05 and intraday low of 567.5. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 333549.