Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, today announced that it has received a score of 95 out of 100 on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index (CEI). It is the premier benchmarking survey and report on US corporate policies and practices relating to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign. Wipro's score reflects its commitment to LGBT workplace equality, with regard to tangible policies, benefits, and practices.
This past year, Wipro has undertaken many initiatives to make the company more inclusive for LGBT employees and the community. These include:
- Revising its Code of Business Conduct, Supplier Code of Conduct and Equal Opportunity Policy to include protection against discrimination based on gender identity and gender expression.
- Modifying its resume application system to include gender neutral language.
- Launching Wipro Pride - an employee resource group for LGBT and ally employees.
- Creating gender-neutral restrooms in Wipro offices.
- An online quiz series aimed at raising awareness on the inclusion of the LGBTQ community and eliminate employees' unconscious biases.
- Enabling employees to self-identify as LGBT in internal HR systems.
- Marched in Pride parades around the world, including London Pride.
- Supported Business Roundtable's endorsement of the US Equality Act, a federal standard that provides non-discrimination protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity for employment, public spaces, education, services, federal programs, and housing.
"The top-scoring companies on this year's CEI are not only establishing policies that affirm and include employees here in the United States, they are applying these policies to their global operations and impacting millions of people beyond our shores," said Chad Griffin, President, Human Rights Campaign.
"Inclusion and diversity are deeply ingrain~d in our culture. Our LGBT employees are a vital part of the teams who work with clients around the world. Our organization is much stronger and partnerships more robust, thanks to our diverse workforce," said Sunita Cherian, Global Head of Inclusion and Diversity & Senior Vice President, Human Resources Wipro Limited. "We celebrate and learn from pluralistic ideas, multi-cultural backgrounds, varied perspectives, and different experiences. We encourage everyone to participate and be their authentic selves. We are incredibly honored to be a top employer for the LGBT community." she added.
Shares of WIPRO LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.273.45 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 263.65. The total number of shares traded during the day was 504315 in over 8006 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 274.8 and intraday low of 263.9. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 136340566.