Topcoder, a Wipro company, and the world's largest talent network and crowdsourcing platform for developers, designers, data scientists and testers, today announced that its on-demand, crowdsourced Quality as a Service (QaaS) offering has powered a three-fold surge in speed, a two-fold increase in the regular work volume, and five-times the risk coverage for 60 client organizations, as compared to those enabled by traditional quality assurance and testing methods.
QaaS is an innovative, on-demand crowdsourced software testing and quality assurance (QA) delivery model that combines Topcoder's 1.4 million-member community with Wipro's QA expertise. Wipro has been cited as a Leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Application Testing Services for five consecutive years*.
One of the first customers to benefit from the increased speed of test cycles, expand its QA coverage and reduce project costs was Zurich Insurance, a Switzerland-based insurance company.
"With Wipro and Topcoder, Zurich Insurance has on-demand access to a global network of quality engineering talent that helps us enrich customer experience and drive innovation," said Sajeev Nair, Global Head of Application Development and Maintenance, Zurich Insurance. "The Topcoder platform offers a rare combination of speed, quality and scale."
The Topcoder Quality as a Service offering includes:
- Real World Testing: Create and execute test cases, or generate feedback through real-time testing, to validate functional, digital accessibility, localization and Ul/UX requirements.
- Performance Testing: Test the availability and reliability of applications against user and business scenarios.
- Mobility Testing: Complete functional and non-functional tests, including device compatibility certification and user sentiment analysis.
- Automated Testing: Build cross-browser, device-ready automation frameworks and test scripts using open source tools.
- Salesforce Testing: Pre-built test assets bundled with tool licenses ideal for new salesforce implementations, upgrades, customizations and enhancements.
"Companies initiate QA projects and receive deliverables through the Topcoder platform and crowdsourced software testing (i.e. crowdtesting) via the Topcoder Community and/or Wipro QA engineers," said Mike Morris, Global Head of Crowdsourcing, Wipro Limited. "Our Quality as a Service offering is unique: it's a scalable, on-demand way for companies to quickly integrate the highest quality testing and QA competencies from a global community of elite engineers and developers, as needed, into any aspect of the software development lifecycle."
In the September 2018 report, Market Guide for Application Crowdtesting Services**, Gartner said "crowdtesting is becoming an integral part of application testing as speed, new technology skills and customer experience top digital agendas." Gartner also estimated that "by 2022, !automated and crowdsourced security testing platform products and services will be employed by over 50 percent of enterprises, up from less than 5 percent in 2018."
Topcoder became a part of Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, in November 2016.
For more information on the Quality as a Service offering, contact Joey Poarch email@example.com.
* Gartner, "Magic Quadrant for Application Testing Services Worldwide," by Susanne Matson, Gillbert van der Heiden, Gunjan Gupta (21November2018)
**Gartner, "Market Guide for Application Crowdtesting Services," by Susanne Matson, Gilbert van der Heiden, Michael lsbitski (19 September 2018)
Shares of WIPRO LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.261.55 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 257.6. The total number of shares traded during the day was 330711 in over 4460 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 263 and intraday low of 258. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 86507629.