Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL) has announced its financial results for the quarter and half year ended 30th September 2018. ABCL, formerly known as Aditya Birla Financial Services Limited, is the holding company of the financial services businesses of the Aditya Birla Group. It is a universal financial solutions provider, meeting the lifetime financial needs of customers. Its key business lines include a diversified NBFC, housing finance, life insurance, health insurance and asset management businesses.
Consolidated Financials - Q2 FY208-19:
- Revenue1 increased by 33% year on year to Rs. 3,961 Crore from Rs. 3,008 Crore
- Net profit after tax of established businesses2 (excluding changes in fair valuation of investments) grew by 23% y-o-y, from Rs. 207 crores to Rs. 255 crores
- Reported net profit after minority interest at Rs. 195 Cr vis-à-vis Rs. 225 Crore in the previous year
- As against the prior year, Q2 FY 2018-19 results include an increase of Rs. 34 crores mainly due to interest cost and brand spends at ABCL standalone and an adverse impact of Rs. 42 crores due to the change in the fair valuation of investments
Consolidated Financials - H1 FY208-19:
- Revenue1 increased by 33% year on year to Rs. 6,653 Crore from Rs. 5,019 Crore
- Reported net profit after minority interest at Rs. 411 Cr. vis-à-vis Rs. 397 Crore in previous year.
Shares of Aditya Birla Capital Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs.107.3 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 106.3. The total number of shares traded during the day was 157606 in over 1441 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 108.8 and intraday low of 105.45. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 16877183.
1 Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Ltd and Aditya Birla Wellness Private Ltd. consolidated based on equity accounting under Ind AS, however considered as a part of revenue to show holistic financial performance
2 Established businesses include NBFC, Asset Management and Life insurance business