The Board of Directors of Bandhan Bank Ltd., at a meeting held in Mumbai today approved its Unaudited Financial Results for the Quarter ended September 30, 2018. The accounts have been subjected to limited review by the statutory auditors of the bank.
- Loan portfolio (on book + off book) grew 50.9% Y-o-Y at Rs. 33,373 crore
- Deposit portfolio grew 29.6% Y-o-Y at Rs. 32,959 crore
- Net NPA at 0.7%
- Retail Deposit to Total Deposit at 81.6%; CASA grew 69.8% Y-o-Y at Rs. 12,176 crore; CASA ratio at 36.9%
- Added 7.60 lakh customers during the quarter; total customer base reaching to 14.41 million
- During the H1FY19, out of Rs. 262.94 crores of PSLC income, Rs. 130.28 crores has been recognized during H1FY19 of which Rs. 66.32 crore has been recognized during Q2FY19
- MTM Loss of Rs. 37.39 crore in Q2FY19 and Rs. 59.09 crore in H1FY19.
Highlights for the Quarter ended September 30, 2018:
- Net Interest Income (NII) for the quarter grew by 55.6% at Rs. 1078 crore as against Rs. 693 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- Non-interest income grew by 3.1% at Rs. 230 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2018 against Rs. 223 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- Operating Profit for the quarter increased by 46.9% at Rs. 874 crore against Rs. 595 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- Net Profit for the quarter grew by 47.4% at Rs. 488 crore against Rs. 331 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- Net Interest Margin (NIM) for the current quarter stands at 10.3% against 9.3% in the corresponding quarter of the previous year and 9.7% for FY 2017-18
- CASA ratio at 36.9% of total deposit, compared to 28.2% in the corresponding period last year
- CASA grew 69.8% Y-o-Y at Rs. 12,176 crore compared to Rs. 7,170 crore
- Total Advances (on book + off book) increased by 50.9% at Rs. 33,373 crore as on September 30, 2018 against Rs. 22,111 crore as on September 30, 2017
- Total Deposits grew by 29.6% as on September 30, 2018 is at Rs. 32,959 crore as compared to Rs. 25,442 crore on September 30, 2017.
- Gross NPAs as on 30 September 2018 at 1.3% against 1.3% as on 30 June 2018 and 1.4% as on 30 September, 2017
- Net NPAs as on 30 September 2018 at 0.7% against 0.6% as on 30 June 2018 and 0.8% as on 30 September, 2017
Total Banking outlets as on September 30, 2018, stood at 3948. The network consists of 938 branches and 3,010 doorstep service centers. Total number of ATMs stood at 476 as on September 18. The number of employees of the bank has gone up to 30,431.
Commenting on the performance, Mr. Chandra Shekhar Ghosh, Managing Director and CEO of Bandhan Bank said: "The second quarter of FY 2018-19 continues to be promising with advances growing Y-o-Y by 51% and CASA ratio of 36.9%.We expect the momentum to continue in second half of FY 2018-19".
Shares of Bandhan Bank Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs.512.05 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 484.9. The total number of shares traded during the day was 593200 in over 16379 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 521.4 and intraday low of 494.65. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 300358730.