Thomas Cook (India) Ltd., India's leading integrated travel and travel related financial services company, in a focussed initiative to capitalise on the high potential Delhi-NCR market, expanded its presence with the inauguration of a new branch at G-42, West End Mall, Janakpuri, Delhi 110058. Present at the event were Mr. V. Uppal, owner of Brick Career Edu Pvt Ltd and Mr. Deepesh Varma, Sr Vice President, Foreign Exchange, Thomas Cook (India) Ltd.
The expansion augments Thomas Cook India's distribution and reach in Delhi & NCR to 29 consumer access centres: 13 owned branches, 10 Gold Circle Partner (franchise) outlets and 6 Airport counters (Delhi international and domestic airports).
Thomas Cook's internal research had highlighted Janakpuri as a high potential catchment and the Company has hence chosen the location as a key driver of its 2 pronged strategic plan:
1. Distribution and Reach: Focussed expansion in viable markets of Delhi-NCR region
2. Consumer empowering Product-Service Portfolio:
- Prepaid Travel Cards:
- Multi currency Borderless Prepaid Card in partnership with MasterCard- with 9 global currencies
- Thomas Cook One Currency Card - India's first prepaid card with Zero cross currency conversion fees
- Easy ways to Book for Janakpuri's rapidly evolving on-the-move consumer
- Forex App; Online Forex; Forex on Mobile.
- Education Forex for Janakpuri's overseas student segment with discounted air fares, excess baggage, insurance and foreign exchange products
- Remittances (both Inward and Outward); its "Send Money Abroad" covering over 120 countries
In addition are Thomas Cook's diversity of offerings including travellers cheques, 26 global currencies, Draft & Wires money to universities in 120 countries.
Mr. Deepesh Varma, Sr. Vice President & Head - Sales & Relationship Management Foreign Exchange, Thomas Cook (India) Ltd. said, "Janakpuri is a high growth opportunity for our Foreign Exchange business being a vibrant student hub as also a prime commercial/retail centre of a key residential locality. At Thomas Cook India, we have identified Delhi-NCR as a powerful source market and with this new branch we intend to further catalyse our strong growth of 20% for our Foreign Exchange business."
Thomas Cook India's new outlet at G-42, West End Mall, Janakpuri, Delhi 110058 provides a viable catchment for a range of consumers: families, business travellers, students, senior citizens and NRIs.
Shares of THOMAS COOK (INDIA) LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.245.9 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 242.75. The total number of shares traded during the day was 24738 in over 736 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 250 and intraday low of 236.6. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 6010231.