DIL Limited has announced the Consolidated financial results for the year ended March 31, 2018.
FY18 Consolidated Performance:
- Total Revenue at Rs. 311.92 Cr. growth of 85% YoY
- EBITDA Rs. 101.96 Cr. (32.68% of Revenues), YoY growth of ~592%
- PAT before share of profit/(loss) of associates and joint-venture and non-controlling interests Rs. 54.83 Cr as against Negative Rs. 8.23 Cr the previous year
- Board of Directors proposed final equity dividend of Rs. 2.50 per share (Face Value Rs. 10), based on DIL's standalone annual financial statement
Fermenta Biotech Limited, 91.2% Subsidiary of DIL Limited
Fermenta Biotech Limited (FBL) manufactures Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), the only manufacturer and supplier in India and amongst the top few global manufacturers. Apart from Vitamin D3, it also manufactures niche APIs', and is a major supplier of Penicillin G Amidase, Polymer Supports and enzyme technologies for beta lactams and Bio-Enzymes for Environmental Solutions.
- Revenues of Rs. 300.48 Cr for FY18 as against Rs. 163.12 Cr in FY17, up by 84% YoY. Growth in revenues attributable to increased volumes of Vitamin D3 and higher price realization from sales of Vitamin D3 Feed Grade Powder
- EBITDA Rs. 103.18 Cr (34.34% of revenues) for FY18 as against Rs. 22.97 Cr. (14.08% of revenues) in FY17
- PAT of Rs. 72.06 Cr in FY 18 as against Rs. 10.34 Cr in FY 17; growth of 596.9% YoY
Commenting on the performance Mr. Satish Varma, Managing Director, Fermenta Biotech Limited said, "As a leading player in the Vitamins industry, we are pleased with our increased market share in the global Vitamin D3 market. Our investment over the last few years in our manufacturing capacities and focus on quality has helped the Company continuously expand its footprint globally and meet the increasing demand for Vitamin D3.
With the many essential benefits of Vitamin D3 and its role in most of the body's vital processes becoming more and more recognized and accepted, we are confident of our continued growth in the coming years in both the domestic as well as international markets. Our continued focus on manufacturing quality products complemented with in-house R&D, will help us maintain our established position in this growing market."
DIL holds 91.2% equity stake in Fermenta Biotech Limited (FBL), which was incorporated in 1986.
FBL is engaged in manufacturing of Vitamin D3, other specialty API's, biological enzymes and also offers integrated biotech based environmental solutions. FBL has 2 manufacturing facilities:
- Kullu in Himachal Pradesh - cGMP certified and currently manufactures vitamin D3, specialty API's and Enzymes
- Dahej SEZ - set up in 2011 and manufactures Vitamin D3
DIL has developed premium office spaces named 'THANE ONE', with a total leasable area of 200,000 sq. ft., which is currently about 95% occupied.
Shares of DIL LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.3667.25 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 3694.95. The total number of shares traded during the day was 3940 in over 236 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 3794.8 and intraday low of 3650. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 14629093.