Trident Limited, a vertically integrated textile (Yarn, Bath & Bed Linen) and Paper (Wheat Straw-based) manufacturer announced its financial results for the quarter & financial year ended March 31, 2018.
Q4 & FY18 Highlights:
- Q4 FY18 Revenue stood at INR 1182 crores and INR 4670 Crores during FY18
- EBITDA for FY18 stood at INR 914 Crores with margin of 19.6%
- PAT for Q4 FY18 stood at INR 51 Crores & for FY18 stood at INR 264 Crores
- Standalone EPS stood at INR 5.18 against INR 6.61 in FY17
Performance Overview (Textile):
- Sales stood at INR 3719 crores in FY18 as against INR 3795 crores in FY17 registering a de-growth of 2%.
- EBITDA declined by 21% to INR 555 crores in FY18 compared to INR 702 crores in FY17. EBITDA Margin stood at 14.9% in FY18 vis-à-vis 18.5% in FY17.
- Bath Linen registered 12.3% volume de-growth while Bed Linen registered volume growth of 56.2% in FY18 compared to the same period last year.
Performance Overview (Paper):
- Sales stood at INR 858 crores in FY18 compared to INR 872 crores in the last fiscal year registering a de-growth of 2%.
- EBITDA increased by 23% to INR 358 crores in FY18 compared to INR 290 crores in FY17. EBITDA Margin stood at 41.7% in FY18 vis-à-vis 33.3% in FY17.
- Sequentially Bath Linen sales volume grew by 12% and Bed Linen business grew by 28%; Gravity of De-stocking is showing signs of easing.
- Domestic Home Textile Business grew by more than 25% in FY18 compared to same period last year.
- Finance costs came down by 16% Y-o-Y; Reduction in Long Term Debt of INR 360 Crore in FY18.
Commenting on the performance, Mr. Rajinder Gupta, Chairman at Trident Group said: "In FY18 Home Textile Industry faced headwinds and was the stress test for the companies. We demonstrated high resilience and believe worst is behind us now.
Our recent participation in the Home Textile exhibitions held in US and UK, saw encouraging response from global buyers and customers. We are optimistic and will come back stronger in the coming year".
Shares of TRIDENT LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.68.55 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 66.8. The total number of shares traded during the day was 69767 in over 728 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 68.8 and intraday low of 67.15. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 4762748.