The Board of Directors of CSB Bank took on record the financial results for the quarter ended 30.09.2020 (Q2 FY 2021) which were subject to limited review in their meeting dated 19.10.2020.
a) Bank's half yearly Profit After Tax is at a record high of Rs 122.5 Cr with an RoA (annualized) of 1.13% despite having made a healthy provision of Rs. 58.2 Cr for COVID during the half year. PAT is at Rs 68.9 Cr in Q2 of FY 21 as against Rs 24.6 Cr in Q2 FY 20 and Rs 53.6 Cr in Q1 FY 21 with an increase of 179.8% over Q2 FY 20 and 28.5% QoQ. RoE improves from 6.37% to 14.4% on a YoY basis.
b) The Operating Profit of the bank is Rs 301.9 Cr for the half year ended 30.09.2020. Q2FY21 operating profit is at Rs 172.8 Cr as against Rs 63.4 Cr for Q2 FY20 (up by 172.6%) and Q1FY21 figure of Rs 129.1Cr (33.8%).
c) Net Interest Income (NII) for H1FY21 stood at Rs 414.5 cr posting a YoY increase of 48.3%. In Q2 FY 21, the NII stood at Rs 229.2 Cr as against Rs 147.0 Cr in Q2 FY 20 with an absolute growth of Rs 82.20Cr or 56 % & 23.7% QoQ. The improvements in quarterly ratios that supported higher NIM in Q2 FY 21 vis a vis Q2 FY 20 are:
- Yield on Advances - Up from 10.33% to 10.94% (10.74% -Q1 FY 21))
- Cost of Deposits - Down from 5.91% to 5.18% (5.48% -Q1 FY 21)
- NIM - Up from 3.69% to 4.50% (4.06% -Q1 FY 21)
- Yield on investments - Up from 6.52% to 6.74%( 6.64% -Q1 FY 21)
d) Non-Interest Income for H1FY21 stood at Rs 171.9 Cr growing YoY at 103.6%. For Q2FY21 the figure is Rs 97.6 Cr as against Rs 54.2 Cr for the same period as compared to last year - an increase of 80% (Rs 74.3 Cr in Q1 FY 21) with the backing of increased treasury profits, processing fee and PSLC income.
e) Cost Income Ratio: The ratio that was 71.54% for H1FY20 has come down to 48.52% for H1FY21. QoQ it came down from 50.26% to 47.13%.
f) Asset Quality & Provisioning
- Gross NPA decreased from Rs 401 Cr as on 30.06.2020 to Rs 387 Cr as on 30.09.2020. Gross NPA as percentage of advances is at 3.04% as on 30.09.20 where as it was 3.51% & 3.54% respectively on 30.06.20 & 31.03.2020
- Net NPA decreased from 195 Cr as on 30.06.2020 to Rs 164 Cr as on 30.09.2020 - a decrease of 16%. Net NPA as percentage of advances decreased from 1.74% as on 30.06.2020 & 1.91% as on 31.03.2020 to 1.30% as on 30.09.2020
- Provision Coverage improves to 84.24% as on 30.9.2020 from 81.7% as on 30.06.2020 and 80.0% as on 31.03.2020.
g) Capital Adequacy Ratio improves from 18.93% as on 30.06.2020 to 19.69% as on 30.09.2020. Leverage ratio is at 7.52% as on 30.09.2020.
h) Comfortable Liquidity Position. Liquidity Coverage Ratio at 234% which is well above the RBI requirement.
i) Total Deposits grew by 13% YoY and 7% QoQ. CASA ratio stood at 29.4% as on September 30, 2020 as against 28.17% as on September 30, 2019.
j) Advances (Net) grew YoY at 11% and QoQ at 12% Gold Loans grew at 47% YoY and 29% QoQ.