- Balmer Lawrie Company has reported a 19.2% yoy fall in its net profit for Q1FY2018 to Rs.299 million as compared to Rs.370.10 million in Q1FY2017;
- Operating profit during the quarter also came down by 19.2% yoy to Rs.526.30 million as compared to Rs.651.50 million in the same period;
- Net Sales for the quarter were marginally up by ~0.8% yoy to Rs.4,653.50 million in Q1FY2018 as compared to Rs.4617.30 million in Q1FY2017;
- Its profits were impacted in Q1FY2018 mainly due to 16% yoy fall in the segment profit of Logistic Infra & Services, which accounts for about 50% overall profits of the company;
- There was some margin pressure in the Greases & Lubricant segment which saw 33% yoy fall in profits. However, Tours & Travel segment continues to do well as the segment profit has gone up by 90% on yoy basis;
Shares of BALMER LAWRIE & CO.LTD. was last trading in BSE at Rs.228.7 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 242.65. The total number of shares traded during the day was 31799 in over 766 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 237 and intraday low of 227.05. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 7330766.