DQ Entertainment International (DQE) has announced that its attendance at 2013 Cannes MIPTV Conference was very successful, and as with recent years, several new co-production, broadcasting, licensing and partnership agreements were signed.
New production partnerships
- Co-production agreement with ZDF Enterprises, for a new HD TV series to be called 'The Jungle Book Safari'. The 26x12 minute series will include live action documentary footage together with animated sequences from The Jungle Book.
- Strategic partnership with Rollman Entertainment Inc, USA for the co-production, distribution, licensing and merchandising of animated and live action TV series, feature films and new media content targeted for the global marketplace. The companies are targeting five television series by 2016 with budgets totaling approximately US$35m and a slate of animated features.
Multiple licensing deals at MIPTV 2013
Several new licensing deals were agreed by DQE at MIPTV, the combined revenue from which is estimated at US$2m to be earned over the next 3 years:
- Broadcasting and licensing agreement with De Agostini ("DeA") for 'The New Adventures of Peter Pan'. The first season will be a 26 x 22 episode HD CGI animated TV series to be broadcast on Sky Italia and RAI Television. DeA will own the broadcast, video, licensing and merchandising rights for Italy.
- Broadcasting agreement with Nick India for the broadcast in India of 3 of DQE's animated TV series - 'The Jungle Book (2 seasons)', 'Galactik Football' and 'Suraj - The Rising Star'. Nick is India's leading kid's entertainment network and a part of Viacom18 reaching over 50 million households in the country.
- Broadcasting agreement with Noga Communications Ltd., Israel's leading independent television content provider for the broadcasting rights to 3 of DQE's properties - 'The Jungle Book Season 2 TV series' and 'The Jungle Book TV special', 'Robin Hood' and '5 & IT'.
- Agreement with Work Point, Thailand for the second season of 'The Jungle Book TV series', and 'The Jungle Book Safari'. Work Point has acquired Free TV and Home Video rights of these properties from DQE.
- Licensing agreement with RTM (Escalada), Malaysia who have licensed the free TV rights of the first season of 'The Jungle Book' TV series from DQE.
Shares of DQ Entertainment (International) Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs.9.99, up by Rs.0.10 or 1.01%. The stock hit an intraday high of Rs.10.15 and low of Rs.9.90.
The total traded quantity was 0.24 lakhs compared to 2 week average 0.53 of lakhs.